- 11 Jun 2018
FOI reference: FOI/18/01599
Date received: 7 June 2018
Date responded: 7 June 2018
The following information was requested relating to the Inspectorate of Prosecution in Scotland:
1. Has the organisation received any VAT assessments (VAT to be paid to HMRC) in the last five financial years?
2. Has the organisation received any VAT penalties from HMRC in the last five financial years?
3. If yes, were any of these suspended penalties?
4. If so, please provide the total value for each of the above for each financial
year they were received.
5. Has the organisation used any external VAT consultancy to review VAT in 2016/17? If so, please provide the following detail:
f. Name of third party provider
g. Total amount of additional VAT recovered by the provider in 16/17 based on its consultancy; split by:
h. How much did the third party invoice for any review work undertaken?
i. How did the third party structure their payment; based on the amount recovered on overclaims, or underclaims, or total amount recovered?
j. Was the review charged at a fixed fee or day rate?
k. Did the organisation procure these services through a framework? If so, please state which framework
6. Please list all frameworks that are available to the organisation/those you are currently signed up to, that would allow you to access VAT review services?(ie. analysis and reconciliation framework)
1. The Inspectorate has not received any VAT assessments in the last 5 financial years.
2. The Inspectorate has not received any VAT penalties from HMRC in the last 5 financial years.
3. See response above.
4. See response above.
5. The Inspectorate has not used any external VAT consultancy to review VAT in 2016/17.
6. The Inspectorate has no requirement to access VAT review services.
For completeness, the Inspectorate complies with all financial obligations and requirements of the Scottish Government.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House