- 4 Jun 2018
FOI reference: FOI/18/01505
Date received: 24 May 2018
Date responded: 31 May 2018
A hardcopy of the online blue badge application form on Transport Scotland website.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have the information you have asked for. The online Blue Badge application form is provided and maintained by an external contractor, who built it based on the model paper application form provided by the Scottish Government (see Annex A). The online application is a website and not a paper form, so while the questions are based on model paper form, it has intelligent conditional display and there is no paper equivalent. This means that the pages that the applicant sees will vary, based on a combination of many factors, including:
2. Eligibility category selected
3. Whether the LA uses payments
4. Whether the LA uses document uploads & if so the size limit they have set
5. How the LA wishes to receive proofs (originals, copies, certified copies)
6. Whether the application is a first or subsequent one and if the latter, whether the LA uses the reminder code and whether the person enters it and/or if the person was previous granted a badge under walking difficulties and the LA indicated that full assessment would not be needed on reapplication 7) The LA's specific instructions to applicants.
8. Whether the LA offers to check Council Tax and electoral register records for the applicant The above all work together to build the application form dynamically for the individual applicant, so it is not possible to extract one version of the form. Any individual, submitted forms can be obtained from the relevant local authority.
Reasons for not providing information
The Scottish Government does not have the information.
The Scottish Government does not have the information you have asked for because Scottish Government is only responsible for providing the overarching policy for the Blue Badge Scheme. The online application has been created and is being maintained by an external contractor, Northgate, based on the model application form provided by the Scottish Government (see Annex A). The online application is being tailored to individual's needs, based on various factors indicated at the initial stage of completing it online.
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House