FOI reference: FOI/18/01169
Date received: 16 April 2018
Date responded: 15 May 2018
Those responses [to the Scottish Strategy for Autism's engagement exercise] that included any reference to ASD in the criminal justice system.
I have included below the responses we received to our engagement exercise that make mention of autism spectrum disorders in the criminal justice system.
I have redacted a small amount of information below. While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because an exemption under sections 38(1)(b) (personal information) applies to that information The reasons why these exemptions have been applied are explained below.
The questions we asked participants were:
1. how can we ensure autistic people and their families enjoy healthier lives?
2. how can we ensure autistic people have proper choice and control over the services they use and in their lives more generally?
3. what can we do to ensure autistic people can live independently?
4. how can we ensure autistic people are active citizens, fully integrated and able participate in their communities and society?
5. what one single thing could the Scottish Government do to improve autistic people's lives?
Reasons for not providing information
An exemption under section 38(1)(b) (personal data of a third party) of FOISA applies to some of the information. This is because it is personal data of a third party, i.e. names/contact/salary details of individuals, and disclosing it would contravene the data protection principles in Schedule 1 to the Data Protection Act 1998. This exemption is not subject to the 'public interest test', so we are not required to consider if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
FOI-18-01169 - related documents.pdf
- File type
- 45 page PDF
- File size
- 411.7 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback