- 30 May 2018
FOI reference: FOI/17/02940
Date received: 5 December 2017
Date responded: 19 January 2018
1. Confirmation of contact between the Scottish Government and organisations or individuals providing evidence to the parliament's Education and Skills Committee regarding the proposed Named Person scheme (nb. a list of those noted in the official records as having provided evidence is included at the bottom of this email). Where contact did take place, please state the form of this contact (i.e. telephone calls, meetings, emails etc.)
NB: This request only relates to contact where the Named Person bill and its implementation, or the issue of funding for the organisations in question, were discussed.
2. Where contact did take place, please also provide copies of relevant documentation (minutes of meetings, notes of telephone calls, copies of email chains etc)
The date range for the above request is 1/6/2017 - present.
1. I enclose a table containing the information requested in part 1. This can be found in Annex A.
2. Copies of relevant documentation which includes meeting notes and meeting summaries can be found in Annex B.
The following meetings fall under your request, however these have been previously published and can be found at – https://beta.gov.scot/publications/foi-17-02787/
- NISG - 11/10/2017
- Police Scotland - 17/10/2017
- Care Inspectorate - 18/10/2017
- Children and Young People Commissioner Scotland - 19/10/2017
- CELCIS - 19/10/2017
- Centre for Youth and Criminal Justice - 19/10/2017
- Colleges Scotland - 23/10/2017
- Draft Statutory Guidance Meeting - 25/10/2017
- Joint meeting with Aberlour and Barnardo's - 26/10/2017
The following meetings which are outlined in the table in Annex A fall under section 17(1) of FOISA where information sought is not held by the Scottish Government;
- Third Sector Meeting – 10/08/2017
- Education Union and Membership Organisations – 24/08/2017
- Scottish Parent Teacher Council – 16/09/2017
- Scottish Guidance Association – 02/10/2017 (This was a phone call and no notes were taken of this communication)
- Scottish Prison Service – 03/10/2017 (This was a phone call and no notes were taken of this communication)
- The Deputy First Minister had a meeting with officials from the Royal College of Nursing – 11/10/2017 (No notes of this meeting were taken)
- Families Outside – 30/10/2017 (This was a phone call and no notes were taken of this communication)
- EIS – 7/11/2017
The above meetings fall under section 17(1) of FOISA due to the Scottish Government not holding the meeting notes that have been requested.
Additionally, please find attached copies of emails regarding the organisation of meetings to those outlined in the table in Annex A in Annex C.
Email communication between the following organisations can be found at - https://beta.gov.scot/publications/foi-18-02966/
- Colleges Scotland
- Police Scotland
- Centre for Youth and Criminal Justice
- Children and Young People's Commissioner
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House