- 12 Dec 2017
FOI reference: FOI/17/02725
Date received: 9 November 2017
Date responded: 8 December 2017
You asked for information on the Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland (HEEPS) loan scheme.
- How many people have applied for the loan scheme.
- How many have had a successful application.
You further clarified that you were requesting information on all loan schemes:
- How much is the total amount paid out for these loans by year, for the period 2014/15 - 2017/18.
I enclose a copy of the information you requested below.
Our HEEPS loan schemes started in the financial year 2014/15 with a "top up" loan available to customers receiving energy efficiency work through an area based scheme run by their local authority
From 2015/16 onwards we offered a number of loan schemes:
- HEEPS loans - for energy efficiency work to an owner occupier's home.
- HEEPS Private Sector Landlords (PSL) loans - for energy efficiency work within a Private Sector Landlord's property.
- Gas infill loans – for connecting a customer's home to the gas network.
- Warmer Homes Scotland loans —to "top up" any customer contribution required for work carried out under a Warmer Homes Scotland grant work.
The table below sets out applications for each of these schemes.
|Loans||HEEPS loan||HEEPS:PSL loan||HEEPS: Gas Infill loan||HEEPS:ABS loan||HEEPS:WHS loan|
|Loans applied for (total)||1803||262||318||1007||83|
|Successful loans (total)||1175||178||238||614||59|
|Value paid 14/15||N/A||N/A||N/A||£42,693||N/A|
|Value paid 15/16||£1,916,079||See HEEPS loan 15/16||£203,062||£268,949||£5,919|
|Value paid 16/17||£2,509,124||See HEEPS loan 16/17||£373,151||£241,101||£40,569|
Please note the following:
- We have considered "successful application" to mean a loan offer was issued.
- For the HEEPS and HEEPS:PSL paid loan figures, the spend is reported as one value because they began as one scheme, so the values provided are for both PSL and owner occupier paid loans
- For the schemes: HEEPS:ABS and HEEPS:WHS, the figures for applications and offers are from launch of each scheme until 31 March 2017
In addition to these loans to householders, since 2016/17 we have also offered a loan scheme to Registered Social Landlords to enable them to improve the energy efficiency of their stock. Totals for these loans are:
|LOANS||HEEPS: RSL loan|
|Loans applied for||11|
|Value paid 16/17||£3,448,920|
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House