- 20 Nov 2017
FOI reference: FOI/17/02462
Date received: 17 October 2017
Date responded: 14 November 2017
The terms of your request were as follows:
1) A breakdown of all legal costs incurred by the Scottish Government to date in relation to the creation, set up and implementation of the Named Person Scheme.
2) Any estimated or projected future legal costs.
1) The total legal costs incurred by the Scottish Government as at 1 November 2017 are as follows:
- £21,546.40 costs for the Outer House of the Court of Session,
- £257,369.60 costs for the Inner House of the Court of Session, and
- £200,545.50 costs for the Supreme Court.
2) We are not able to provide estimated or projected future legal costs. This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not hold the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House