- 2 Nov 2017
FOI reference: FOI/17/02238
Date received: 2 October 2017
Date responded: 30 October 2017
You asked for:
- Under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA) please provide me with the list of all pay bands which cover the position of Communications Manager in the Scottish Government, which should also include Scottish non-departmental public bodies and Public Corporations.
- Please list the organisation, job title and pay band separately.
- If there is any reason why you are unable to provide this information please clearly list the reasons why.
This reply covers those staff in Scottish Government core and a number of other bodies listed in Annex A (the Scottish Government Main (SGM) bargaining unit). The staff in these organisations share common terms and conditions of employment and are those where the Scottish Government supplies a payroll service. We are not able to provide details for other employers.
There is no specific policy on job titles in the relevant bodies so for the purposes of this response we have taken roles which we recognise as Communications professional roles.
Under a broad heading of "Communications Manager" the figures you requested are:
- 27 posts at B2 pay range;
- 34 posts at B3 pay range; and
- 1 post at C1 pay range.
I have provided the current values for the pay ranges in SGM in Annex B.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House