- 24 Jul 2017
FOI reference: FOI/17/01540
Date received: 25 June 2017
Date responded: 21 July 2017
- 'Changing to Deliver' document (corporate culture change programme launched by the Scottish Executive in 2003)
- any associated evaluations of the above programme; one such evaluation was published in 2005 (http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2005/06/10105027/50295), but I would like to receive the 2004 evaluation mentioned along with any other relevant evaluations.
As you know, Changing to Deliver was a corporate and culture change programme, starting in 2003. It was designed to ensure that the Scottish Executive (as the Scottish Government was then known) was best placed to meet the challenges and opportunities of a devolved Scotland. It informed actions such as changes to the organisational structure. This saw 9 Heads of Department replaced by a Strategic Board of the Permanent Secretary and 5 Directors General (DG), with each DG having responsibility for leading one of the Government's strategic objectives. As you will appreciate the organisational model of the Scottish Government has evolved over time and information about the current structure and approach are available on the Scottish Government website.
We have undertaken a detailed search of the files from that period. In relation to the first part of your request, it does not appear that there was a single guiding Changing to Deliver document. However, we have identified material which sets out the background to, purpose of, and actions associated with Changing to Deliver. The following documents are attached:
1. Consultant's report prior to setting up Changing to Deliver
2. Overview of Changing to Deliver
3. Powerpoint presentation relating to Changing to Deliver
Due to the file size of document (3.) released, copies can be provided on request by emailing email@example.com, quoting the FOI reference number FOI/17/01540.
In relation to the second part of your request, you have already identified the evaluation published in 2005. The 2004 staff and stakeholder surveys referred to in that document are available at the following links:
We have identified additional evaluation material and sent the following documents – they are large files so have been sent in separate emails:
4. Baseline Evaluation report – summary
5. Baseline Evaluation report – full report (it does not appear that this was published so the version provided is still badged as a draft report)
6. Phase 1 evaluation report
Due to the file size of the documents (4.), (5.) and (6.) released, copies can be provided on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the FOI reference number FOI/17/01540.
7. A more detailed, unpublished, version of the evaluation published in 2005
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House