- 13 Jun 2019
Date received: 6 Jul 2017
Date responded: 3 Aug 2017
Thank you for your request of 6 July 2017 for a review of our response to your request under the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs) for the following information relating to two contracts for the replacement of high mast lighting on the 4G trunk road network published through Public Contracts Scotland. These contracts are 1) M8 Junction 17-19 High Mast Replacement and 2) HIGH MAST LIGHTING REPLACEMENTS 2017/18 (Replacement of 34 no. high mast lighting columns located within Junction 6 of the M74).
1) Which Contractors submitted a pre-qualification questionnaire for both Contracts?
2) Which Contractors progressed to tender stage for M8 Junction 17-19?
3) Which Contractors submitted a tender for the M8 Junction 17-19 Contract?
4) Which Contractors have progressed to the pricing stage for High Mast Lighting Replacements 2017/18?
As the information you have requested is ‘environmental information’ for the purposes of the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs), we are required to deal with your request under those Regulations. We are applying the exemption at section 39(2) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA), so that we do not also have to deal with your request under FOISA.
This exemption is subject to the ‘public interest test’. Therefore, taking account of all the circumstances of this case, we have considered if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption. We have found that, on balance, the public interest lies in favour of upholding the exemption, because there is no public interest in dealing with the same request under two different regimes. This is essentially a technical point and has no material effect on the outcome of your request.
I have concluded that a different decision should be substituted. The information requested is held on behalf of Transport Scotland and is included overleaf.
1) Which Contractors submitted a pre-qualification questionnaire for both Contracts? Abacus, CU Phosco, Kingfisher, Lightways and Lochwynd submitted pre-qualification questionnaire documents for 2016/17 schemes.
CU Phosco, Kingfisher, Abacus, Lightways, Pegasus and Minevera submitted pre-qualification questionnaire documents for 2017/18 scheme.
2) Which Contractors progressed to tender stage for M8 Junction 17-19? CU Phosco, Kingfisher Lighting, Abacus Lighting progressed to Tender stage for M8 Junction 17-19.
3) Which Contractors submitted a tender for the M8 Junction 17-19 Contract? CU Phosco submitted a tender for M8 Junction 17-19.
4) Which Contractors have progressed to the pricing stage for High Mast Lighting Replacements 2017/18? CU Phosco, Kingfisher, Abacus and Pegasus achieved the required level to progress to the pricing stage of 17/18 scheme. However, Kingfisher have subsequently been excluded on further review.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House