- 17 Jun 2021
The Inquiries Into Fatal Accidents And Sudden Deaths Etc. (Scotland) Act 2016 – reporting requirement
The Scottish Ministers are required under section 29 of the Inquiries into Fatal Accidents and Sudden Deaths etc. (Scotland) Act 2016 (“the 2016 Act”) to report on inquiries that concluded in the previous financial year.
The statistics for the period 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021 for Fatal Accident Inquiries under the 2016 Act are as follows.
- number of FAIs that ended during the year: 61
- number in which recommendations requiring a response were made: 8
- number of such recommendations made: 18
- number of such recommendations in relation which a response was received by SCTS under section 28(1): 17
- number of such recommendations in relation to which a notice was published by SCTS under section 28(7) (signalling that no response was received): 1
All 2016 Act determinations, recommendations and responses are accessible from the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service web portal.