This evaluation pack is aimed at both service providers and funders who aim to reduce crime and reoffending.
For funders, it aims to
- Offer a strategic, evidence-based and outcomes-focused planning tool.
- Demonstrate the role you can play in promoting and enabling high quality evaluations from those you fund.
- Offer guidance on how to assess evaluations from service providers and therefore direct funding to greatest effect.
For service providers, it aims to:
- Provide guidance on planning an evidence-based service with a 'built in' evaluation process.
- Provide guidance and resources for you to effectively assess, understand and demonstrate how well your service is working in relation to your aims.
- Offer an alternative to randomised control trials, using a 'logic model' approach to evaluation, which any service provider can use to evaluate any intervention, regardless of size.
- Encourage continual review and improvement of services.
Email: Catherine Bisset