An introduction to the 6 Essential Actions for Improving Unscheduled Care
The 6 Essential Actions to Improving Unscheduled Care  Improvement Programme was launched in May 2015. In consultation, 6 Essential Actions were identified as being fundamental to improving patient care, safety and experience for the unscheduled care pathways.
The Six Essential Actions
1. Clinically Focussed and Empowered Hospital Management
2. Capacity and Patient Flow Realignment
3. Patient Rather than Bed Management
4. Medical and Surgical Processes arranged for Optimal Care
5. Targeted 7 Day Services
6. Ensuring Patients are Cared for in their Own Home
The aim of the programme is 'safe, person centred, effective care delivered to every patient, every time without unnecessary waits, delays and duplication'.
Email: Unscheduled Care Team
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback