Council Tax Collection Statistics 2012-13
This statistics publication notice provides Council Tax (CT) collection figures by Scottish Local Authorities for the financial year 2012-13 and previous years. The key points are:
- In 2012-13 for Scotland as a whole, the total amount of Council Tax billed (excluding Council Tax Benefit) was £2.006 billion. Of this total, £1.907 billion was collected by 31 March 2013 (see table 1).
- Between 1993-94 and 2012-13, the overall total amount of Council Tax billed in Scotland was £30.273 billion, of which £29.192 billion, or 96.4%, was collected by 31 March 2013 (see table 1).
- The provisional Scotland total in-year CT collection rate for 2012-13 was 95.1%, the same rate as the audited figure from the previous year (see table 2).
- Provisional in-year CT collection rates for 2012-13 ranged from 93.1 per cent to 98.1 per cent across the 32 local authorities.
- In-year collection rates have improved steadily from 87.2% in 1998-99 to 91.4% in 2002-03 and now 95.1% in 2012-13. This reflects improvements in the collection of CT in the billing year.
The in-year Council Tax collection rate is an Accounts Commission Statutory Performance Indicator. The figures for 2012-13 in this Statistical Publication Notice are provisional, pre-audit estimates. Audited figures for 2012-13 will be published by Audit Scotland in due course and will be found at http://www.audit-scotland.gov.uk/performance/service/ under 'Corporate management' (indicator 6).
Email: David McLaren
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback