Any correspondence, memos or briefing papers concerning police officers with beards and requirements for them to be clean shaven.
The Scottish Government holds three items of correspondence in relation to information you have asked for –Annex A below:
- Redacted emails between the Scottish Government and Police Scotland seeking confirmation of Police regulations in relation to police officers with beards.
- Redacted letter from an MSP to the then Cabinet Secretary for Justice and Veterans seeking assistance in relation to a constituents concerns regarding a requirement to be shaven when reporting for duty.
- Redacted Ministerial reply in relation to item 2 (above).
- I have completed a robust search to identify if any of the information held would fall within the scope of the request, including those held electronically, in hard copy and in personal devices or accounts.
- I can confirm that, as detailed above, when searching/ checking if any information was held, my search found three (3) items of correspondence as requested.
- Certain information has been redacted under exemption sec 38(1)(b) FOISA withholding personal information.
- The subject of your request is a matter for Police Scotland.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 7 page PDF
- File size
- 251.4 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback