- To review standards in light of evidence from Grenfell Tower.
- To comment on appropriateness and relevance of the current standards and guidance.
- To consider the relevant of British Standard and European tests.
- To provide an opinion of whether any changes are necessary.
- To keep this under review, as further evidence emerges.
To recommend what changes might be necessary.
Review Panel International Sub-Group: remit/objectives
The purpose of the international sub-group is to scrutinise the work of the review panel and give an international perspective.
- Dr Paul Stollard
Review Panel members
- Sam Allwinkle, Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- Luke Bisby, Edinburgh University
- Colin Blick, Welsh Government
- Damien Fairley, Northern Ireland Building Regulations
- Stephen Good, Construction Scotland Innovation Centre
- Alan McAulay, Local Authority Building Standards Scotland
- Keith McGillivray, British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association
- Dave Latto, Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Debbie Smith, BRE Global
- Colin Todd, CS Todd Associates Ltd.
- Mike Wood, Fire Sector Federation
- Brian Martin, Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Stewart Dalgarno, Construction Scotland
Review Panel International Sub-Group members
- Brain Ashe, Australian Building Control Board, Australia
- Brian Meacham, Worcester Polytechnic, (from 01/01/2018 Meacham Associates), USA
- Rainer Mikulits, Austrian Institute of Construction Engineering, Austria
- IJsbrand van Straalen, Dutch research organisation TNO, the Netherlands
- Stephen Garvin, Scottish Government
Review Panel minutes
Review Panel International Sub-Group minutes
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback