1. How many new permanent hires joined your organisation in 2022?
2. How many new permanent hires came through external providers in 2022?
3. How many team members work in your Recruitment Team?
4. What is your time to hire from adverting to onboarding?
5. What was your attrition rate in 2022?
6. What is your average cost per hire (including attraction and screening) in 2022?
7. How much did you spend with external providers of permanent recruitment in 2022?
8. How many unique agency contractors/temps/interims did you use in 2022?
9. How much did you spend on agency contractors/temps/interims in 2022?
10. Are you meeting your diversity targets? (yes or no)
11. How many candidates applied for roles in 2022? What is your candidate drop-out rate?
12. Which systems do you use for your permanent recruitment process?
1. 104. This includes those who transferred in from SG and those who transferred in from other government departments.
2. All permanent hires were recruited through fair and open competition, in line with the Civil Service Commission’s Recruitment Principles, so 0.
3. Transport Scotland have 1 recruitment member of staff, and a further 3 that work on an ad hoc basis. Transport Scotland also must involve the central Scottish Government Recruitment Team at the later stages.
4. Currently, the time taken between the advert being posted and a conditional offer being made is 65 days. This is an average figure for external recruitment campaigns, for which are open to everyone to apply. The average time taken from advert being posted to a candidate starting in post, considering notice periods and pre-employment checks is 103 days.
5. Attrition rate in 2022 was 15%.
6. We are unable to provide this information, advertising costs are paid from a central budget across SG Main, and this would not be able to be split between specific business areas.
7. All external recruitment is conducted in a fair and open manner, and anyone can apply. Roles are advertised through our Work for Scotland website and some social media platforms. We do not engage with external providers for permanent recruitment, so we have spent £0.
8. Transport Scotland used 6 different agencies for contractors/temps/interims in 2022.
10. The Scottish Government or any of the Executive Agencies or Delivery Bodies do not set diversity targets. We conform the Civil Service Commission’s Recruitment Principles and hold all permanent recruitment through fair and open competition.
11. Number of applications – 1015 (292 of which were withdrawals). Our drop-out rate was 29%.
12. The Scottish Government and all the Executive Agencies and Delivery Bodies use the ICIMS (Internet Collaborative Information Management Systems) applicant tracking system. For our pre-employment security checks, we use a system called Amiqus.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback