You asked for the us to advise you on whether we were keeping interim bed stats on:
- Stats which capture/monitor that a clear plan is actually in place for these people being discharged into care homes
- Stats to capture/monitor the average length of agreed placements set out on commencement of placement
- Stats to capture/monitor the number of placements which last longer than the originally agreed timescale, extensions etc
- Stats broken down by local authority.
The Scottish Government does not collect the specific information you have enquired about. The Scottish Government does collect a range of information to monitor our provision of additional funding for interim beds. This information is collected weekly at a Health & Social Care Partnership level. The indicators related to the provision of interim beds which the Scottish Government collects information are:
- For anyone in an interim care placement at census point:
- Total number of people who are in an interim care home placement
- Total number of people who have remained in interim care home placements for more than 6 weeks
- For anyone in an interim care placement each reporting week:
- Number of people within this reporting week who have been moved on to a permanent care destination from an interim bed placement.
- Number of people within this reporting week who have passed away whilst in an interim bed placement.
- The number of interim care placements refused within this reporting week by the individual/carer.
- The number of interim care placements refused within this reporting week by the care home provider.
- Number of people within this reporting week who have been discharged to an interim care home bed using the offer of Scottish Government funding to cover costs above the National Care Home Contract (NCHC) rate.
This information provided to the Scottish Government is management information. This information is used to facilitate and monitor the operational delivery of our provision of additional funding for interim beds.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback