- How many ‘adverse events’ or ‘never events’ have been recorded within NHS Fife in each of the past five years?
- What is the number breakdown of these events by health department please?
- What is the breakdown in nature of these incidents/events?
The Scottish Government holds some of the information you have asked for and this has been provided in the Excel spreadsheet at Annex A. The information has been provided with the following caveats:
- This data shows only category I adverse events receiving a level 1 review, or Significant Adverse Event Review (SAER), as reported to Healthcare Improvement Scotland through the national notification system. This data does not include ‘never events’.
- It covers the period January 2020 to March 2022, however, the data for March 2022 is incomplete.
- Where there are gaps in the data, this means we do not hold it.
- Data collection for SAERs commenced in January 2020 and the approach to this is still subject to further development.
- Excluding January and February 2020, all data was captured during a global pandemic which had a major impact on the delivery of services across NHS Scotland.
Detailed adverse event information is collected and held by each NHS Board, therefore you may wish to contact NHS Fife at email@example.com who may be able to help you.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because an exemption under section 38(1)(b) (personal information) of FOISA applies to that information. The reasons why that exemption applies is because the spreadsheet contains information which is person identifiable information.
For further information on the national adverse event framework, please use the following link: https://www.healthcareimprovementscotland.org/our_work/governance_and_
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 3 page PDF
- File size
- 213.2 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback