You asked for the following information:-
1. What Mountain Rescue Teams does the Scottish Government provide funding to, and what kind of funding is it?
2. For each of the Mountain Rescue Teams the Scottish Government provides funding for, please tell me how much money the Scottish Government has given each team for the following years: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 so far.
3. How much money has the Scottish Government granted in total to each Mountain Rescue Team it provides funding for since 2015?
4. For each team the Scottish Government provides funding for, please tell me how long into the future the Scottish Government is committed to continuing to fund them?
The information requested is as follows:-
1. The Scottish Government provides £312,000 annual grant funding to Scottish Mountain Rescue (SMR) towards the cost of ‘land based search and rescue’ routinely undertaken by the established volunteer mountain rescue teams, which deploy on behalf of Police Scotland.
2. SMR distributes the funds to all of the Scottish volunteer mountain rescue teams according to an established funding formula, agreed by all teams, which takes into account the number of call-outs, members, and vehicles each team has. The amounts received by each team, for the years requested, are set out in the attached table.
3. The total Scottish Government funding received by each team, from SMR, since 2014/15, is shown in the final column of the attached table.
4. Due to prevailing 'spending cycle' constraints the Scottish Government is unable to offer a formal funding commitment beyond the current year but has no intention of changing the existing arrangements for the foreseeable future.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- File size
- 211.0 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback