STEM Bursary Advisory Group
Role of the group
STEM Bursary Advisory Group was established following the closure of the first year (2018-2019) of the STEM Bursary scheme.
The role of the group was to review the implementation of the bursary scheme in its first year and to provide advice on any necessary changes for 2019-2020.
The group met in November 2018 and in January 2019.
Remit of the group was:
- to review all aspects of the 2018-2019 STEM bursary scheme
- to consider and inform changes to eligibility criteria for 2019-2020 including eligible subjects, qualification level and employment history
- to help resolve any selection or ranking process that may become necessary in 2019-2020.
- to review the impact on Initial Teacher Education uptake and teacher recruitment
- Stephanie Walsh, Head of Education Workforce Unit, Scottish Government (Chair)
- Angela Felvus, Senior Policy Officer, Education Workforce Unit (Secretariat)
- Barbara Morton, STEM Team leader, Scottish Government
- Ken Edwards, Education Programme Lead, Skills Development Scotland
- Lynda McShane, STEM Programme Executive, Skills Development Scotland
- Diane Hill, Transition Training Fund Manager, Skills Development Scotland
- Ian Rivers, Scottish Council of Deans of Education
- Helen Gorman, Team Leader Skills and Youth Employment, Stirling Council
- Lisa Dawson, Director of Student Systems and Administration
- Jennifer Brown, Student Funding Finance Manager
- Nicola Dickie, Chief Officer – Children and Young People, COSLA