The Scottish Energy Networks Strategic Leadership Group will provide advice and recommendations on the key challenges and opportunities facing these networks, the options for addressing them, and the ways in which the networks can support the Scottish Government’s Energy Strategy and Climate Change priorities. In particular the group will support the Scottish Government in understanding how energy networks will:
- help deliver the net zero by 2045 in Scotland and the interim climate change targets laid out in the 2019 Scottish Climate Change Bill
- support the development of a strong green economy and
- ensure that decarbonisation the energy system leads to a Just Transition
The Energy Networks SLG will be chaired by the Minister for Energy, Connectivity and the Islands and will consist of senior representative from each of the gas and electricity network companies operating in Scotland, Ofgem, a consumer representative, and an independent academic.
The group will appoint a co-chair.
The group will be joined by relevant Scottish Government officials.
Membership will be reviewed in January 2022.
The current membership is as follows:
- Scottish Government - Paul Wheelhouse (Chair), Minister for Energy, Connectivity and the Islands,
- Independent - Prof. Keith Bell (Co Chair), University of Strathclyde
- Independent - Tricia McAuley, Independent consumer expert
- SPEN - Scott Mathieson
- SSEN - Rob McDonald
- NGESO - Julian Lesley
- SGN - Angus McIntosh
- NG Gas - Phil Sheppard
- Ofgem - Steve McMahon
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback