A Ministerial Working Group (the group) was established in June 2023 to oversee the development of the Rural Delivery Plan.
The First Minister’s Policy Prospectus, ‘Equality, Opportunity, Community. New leadership – A fresh start’, committed to publishing a Rural Delivery Plan by the end of this parliament:
”showing how all parts of the Scottish Government are delivering for rural Scotland. As well as policies on agriculture, land reform, marine, and our Islands Plan, this will cover areas such as transport, housing, social justice, repopulation, digital connectivity and economic development.”
The group will be jointly chaired by the Deputy First Minister (DFM) and the Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs, Land Reform and Islands.
The purpose of the group is to:
- leverage all areas of government to inform the plan
- oversee alignment with other strategies and policies
- ensure that Government delivers in a cohesive way, making best use of our collective resources to deliver sustainable outcomes for rural, islands and rural coastal communities.
The group will meet approximately quarterly.
- Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Finance (Joint Chair)
- Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs, Land Reform and Islands (Joint Chair)
- Cabinet Secretary for Social Justice
- Cabinet Secretary for Wellbeing Economy, Fair Work and Energy
- Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero and Just Transition
- Cabinet Secretary for NHS Recovery, Health and Social Care
- Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills
- Minister for Housing
- Minister for Transport
- Minister for Small Business, Innovation and Trade
- Minister for Local Government Empowerment and Planning
- Minister for Community Wealth and Public Finance
- Minister for Green Skills, Circular Economy and Biodiversity
- Permanent Secretary
- DG Net Zero
- DG Strategy and External Affairs
- DG Health and Social Care
- DG Communities
- DG Economy
- DG Education and Justice
- Chief Executive Transport Scotland
- Director Agriculture and Rural Economy
- Director Performance, Delivery and Resilience
- Director Marine Scotland
- Director Environment and Forestry
By invitation - other Directors or expert advisers may attend the Ministerial Working Group depending on the items on the agenda.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback