Recording and Monitoring Incidents of Bullying in Schools (RAMBIS)
Role of the group
Short Life Working Group on Recording and Monitoring Incidents of Bullying in Schools is chaired by Ian Rivers, Professor and Head of the School of Education, University of Strathclyde. Membership of the group is made up of representatives from the National Approach Working Group, Scottish Advisory Group on Relationships and Behaviour in Schools (SAGRABIS), LGBTI Inclusive Education Working Group, Education Scotland Local Authority Link Officers and Parent Groups.
For RAMBIS terms of reference and notes of meetings, please see attached documents at the bottom of this page.
The Recording and Monitoring Working Group has published supplementary guidance for local authorities and schools on 'Recording and Monitoring of Bullying Incidents in Schools'. The purpose of this guidance is to develop a consistent and uniform approach to recording and monitoring. There is an expectation that all local authorities and schools adopt the approach outlined in this guidance.
An Operational Support Group has been established to support the phased approach and support and monitor schools and LAs throughout the pilot and full implementation. The group is made up of local authority representatives, Education Scotland, Trade Union representatives, Scottish Government and respectme and is chaired by Caroline Amos from Association of Directors of Education in Scotland (ADES). See the Operational Support Group terms of reference.
Membership includes representatives from:
- School Leaders Scotland (SLS)
- Educational Institute of Scotland (EIS)
- National Association of Schoolmasters Union of Women Teachers (NASUWT)
- Association of Directors of Education in Scotland (ADES)
- Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA)
- Scottish Council of the Deans of Education
- Time for Inclusive Education (TIE) – correspondence only
- Stonewall Scotland
- LGBT Youth Scotland
- Police Scotland – correspondence only
- National Parent Forum of Scotland (NPFS)
- Connect (formerly Scottish Parent Teacher Council)
- Scottish Council of Independent Schools (SCIS)
- Coalition for Racial Equality and Rights (CRER)
- Equalities and Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
- Children and Young People's Commissioner Scotland
- SG Health and Wellbeing Team
- Education Scotland
- Education Scotland Link Officers Network
- Youthlink Scotland - correspondence only