Personal and Social Education Delivery and Implementation Group
The Implementation and Delivery Group has been formed to facilitate implementation of the 16 recommendations from the review of personal and social education (PSE) in Scotland. The review of PSE was a recommendation from the 10 year Mental Health Strategy published on 30 March 2017.
The Group meets regularly throughout year and also carries out work between meetings facilitated through subgroups focused on delivering specific aspects or recommendations. The aim is for these recommendations to be delivered by the end of March 2022.
The Group is jointly chaired by COSLA and the Scottish Government. Membership is comprised of:
- Association of Directors of Education (ADES)
- Association of Headteachers and Deputes in Scotland (AHDS)
- Children in Scotland (CiS)
- Children’s Parliament
- Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA)
- Educational Institute of Scotland (EIS)
- Education Scotland (ES)
- General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
- Interfaith Scotland (IS)
- National Association of Schoolmasters/Union of Women Teachers (NASUWT)
- National Parent Forum of Scotland (NPFS)
- School Leaders Scotland (SLS)
- Scottish Catholic Education Service (SCES)
- Scottish Commission for Learning Disability (SCLD)
- Scottish Government (SG)
- Scottish Guidance Association
- Scottish Secondary Teachers Association (SSTA)
- Scottish Youth Parliament (SYP)
- Voice Community
Secretariat will be provided by Scottish Government officials from the Learning Directorate's Support and Wellbeing Unit.