NHS Scotland Global Citizenship Programme Board
Role of the group
The overall purpose of the NHS Scotland Global Citizenship Programme Board is to lead, develop and promote the NHS Scotland approach to Global Citizenship.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to the development of NHS Scotland's approach to Global Citizenship.
- Set the direction for the NHS Scotland Global Citizenship Programme by approving strategies and plans that support the policies and priorities set by the Scottish Government's International Development Strategy (2016).
- Ensure that our policies and approaches align and support the needs of the developing countries involved with the NHS Scotland Global Citizenship Programme.
- Oversee implementation of the recommendations in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow report entitled "Global Citizenship in the Scottish Health Service".
- Engage with key stakeholders to promote the delivery of the NHS Scotland Global Citizenship Programme.
- Approve the remit of the NHS Global Health Co-ordination Unit and oversee its development and performance.
- John Brown, Chair, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (Chair)
- Michael McKirdy, Director of Global Health, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (Vice Chair)
- Lindsay Burley, Chair NHS Education Scotland (until end of March 2018)
- David Crichton, Chair, NHS Health Scotland (from April 2018)
- Catherine Calderwood, Chief Medical Officer
- Shirley Rogers, Director, Health Workforce and Strategic Change
- Jane Davidson, Chief Executive, NHS Borders
- Liz Grant, Director, Global Health Academy, University of Edinburgh
- Joanna Keating, International Development, Scottish Government
- Alastair McLellan, Postgraduate Dean, West of Scotland, NES
- Fiona McQueen, Chief Nursing Officer
- Malcolm Summers, Head of Workforce Practice, Health Workforce & Strategic Change
- David Miller, HR Director representation, NHS Golden Jubilee Foundation
- Emily Broadis, Chair, NHS Lead Champions Network
- Anne Thomson, Staff side representative
- Kerry Chalmers, Programme Manager, Health Workforce and Strategic Change
- Peter Bennie, Staff side representative