National Drugs Mission Implementation Group
This group is no longer active. For more information on this topic, please see the National Drugs Mission Oversight Group.
The core of our national mission to improve and save lives is taking action based on what we know works to reduce harm, promote recovery and save lives.
The Implementation Group, chaired by the Minister for Drugs Policy, was established in June 2021 as a forum for ensuring that the necessary actions and change are being driven across all parts of government and services.
The Group will meet every three months to:
- identify actions to change and improve culture, practice and structures, and oversee the delivery of those actions
- consider recommendations from the Drug Deaths Taskforce, the Residential Rehabilitation Working Group, third sector organisations and services themselves to ensure that the Government is following the evidence on what works
- identify and overcome barriers to delivering the national mission
The membership includes individuals with lived or living experience of drug use to ensure that their perspectives and experiences are embedded in the work of the group.
- Angela Constance, Minister for Drugs Policy, Chair
- Keith Brown, Cabinet Secretary for Justice
- Shona Robison, Cabinet Secretary for Social Justice, Housing and Local Government
- Kevin Stewart, Minister for Mental Wellbeing and Social Care
- Maree Todd, Minister for Public Health, Women’s Health and Sport
- Vicky Irons, Integration Joint Board Chief Officer for Dundee
- Annemargaret Black, Integration Joint Board Chief Officer for Stirling and Clackmannanshire
- Gillian Ferguson, ADP Co-ordinator for Glasgow
- Vered Hopkins, ADP Co-ordinator for Dundee
- Dave Liddell, CEO of Scottish Drugs Forum
- Justina Murray, CEO of Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol and Drugs
- Jardine Simpson, CEO of Scottish Recovery Consortium
- Sandra Holmes, lived and living experience representative
- Rachel McGrath, lived and living experience representative
- Martin Coyle, lived and living experience representative
- Michael Kehoe, Royal College of Psychiatrists committee member
- Chris Williams and David Shackles, Royal College of GPs Joint Chairs
- Catriona Morton, Royal College of GPs Deputy Chair
- Professor Marion Blain, Interim Deputy Chief Medical Officer
- Professor Alex McMahon, Chief Nursing Officer
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback