Coronavirus (COVID-19): Stakeholder Recovery Roundtable
A COVID Stakeholder Recovery Roundtable event was organised by the Scottish Government for the Deputy First Minister to invite leaders in our public, private and third sectors to take part in a virtual discussion to start an open dialogue seeking their involvement in steering the recovery. The focus of the group will be on the opportunities that exist for health, social and economic recovery; supporting the wellbeing and prosperity of every person in Scotland and the challenges that need to be addressed. The group will be chaired by the Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Covid Recovery.
The Deputy First Minister will lead further engagement as the Scottish Government’s emphasis moves from responding to the pandemic to driving the recovery.
The first meeting took place on Tuesday 25 May 2021.
There is no restriction on individuals discussing topics under consideration but members shall respect the confidentiality of individual contributions to discussions.
A summary of issues discussed at meetings shall be prepared by the Secretariat and agreed by the Chair for publication.
Secretariat support to the group shall be provided by Scottish Government officials.
- John Swinney MSP, Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Covid Recovery
- Kate Forbes MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Finance and the Economy
- Humza Yousaf MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Health and Social Care
- Ben Macpherson MSP, Minister for Social Security and Local Government
- Jim Savege, Chief Executive, Aberdeenshire Council
- Frances Mair, Professor of General Practice, University of Glasgow
- Karen Reid, Chief Executive, NHS Education for Scotland
- Robbie Pearson, Chief Executive, NHS HealthCare Improvement Scotland
- Sally Louden, Chief Executive, COSLA
- Steve Grimmond, Chair, SOLACE
- Suzanne Fitzpatrick, Professor of Housing and Social Police, Heriot-Watt University
- Jim McCormick, Chief Executive, Robertson Trust
- Deputy Chief Constable Malcolm Graham, Police Scotland
- Fiona Duncan, Chair, The Promise
- Louise MacDonald, Chief Executive, Young Scot - moving to Institute of Directors
- Ima Jackson, Expert Reference Group on COVID and Ethnicity
- Heather Fisken, Interim Director/Head of Policy and Research Team, Inclusion Scotland
- Jimmy Paul, Director, WEAll Scotland
- Sandy Begbie, Chair, Scottish Financial Enterprise
- Liz Cameron, Director and Chief Executive, Scottish Chambers of Commerce
- Susan Love, Head of External Affairs, Federation of Small Businesses
- Anna Fowlie, Chief Executive, SCVO
- John Connaghan, Chief Operating Officer, NHS Scotland
- Paul Johnston, Director General Communities, Scottish Government
- Caroline Lamb, Director General Health and Social Care, Scottish Government
- Gary Gillespie, Chief Economist, Scottish Government
- Clare Hicks, Deputy Director Covid Recovery, Scottish Government