Advisory Council for Economic Transformation
The Advisory Council for Economic Transformation was created in July 2021, made up of business leaders, academics and economists to help shape the 10 year National Strategy for Economic Transformation. Drawing on the extensive experience of its members, the Advisory Council will use insight to bring forward bold ideas that will transform the economy.
The 10 year National Strategy for Economic Transformation will be ambitious and will look to drive Scotland’s economic transformation as the country recovers from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and transitions to a net zero economy. Working to unleash entrepreneurial potential and grow Scotland’s competitive business base, the national strategy will prioritise investment in the industries of the future and deliver new, good and green jobs.
Economy Secretary Kate Forbes said:
"As we emerge from the pandemic, we must work together to seize Scotland’s potential and build an economy for everyone by delivering greater, greener and fairer prosperity”.
Chaired by the Economy Secretary, the Advisory Council consists of 17 members who will work over the summer and early autumn to put forward bold ideas on how to transform the Scottish economy.
- Kate Forbes, Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Economy (Chair)
- Ivan McKee, Minister for Business, Trade, Tourism and Enterprise
- Maggie McGinlay, CEO of Energy Transition Zone Ltd
- Lynne Cadenhead, Chair of Women’s Enterprise Scotland
- Chris van der Kuyl, Founder, owner and chairman of 4J Studios
- Sean McGrath, CEO of Entrepreneurial Scotland
- Dame Sharon White, Chair of John Lewis Partnership
- Mark Logan, Tech expert and former COO of Skyscanner
- Nick MacPherson, Former Permanent Secretary to the Treasury
- Sir Anton Muscatelli, Principal of the University of Glasgow
- Jamie Grant, Managing Director and Head of Corporate Banking Scotland, Barclays
- Roz Foyer, General Secretary of the Scottish Trades Unions Congress (STUC)
- Professor Graeme Roy, Dean of External Engagement at University of Glasgow
- Jackie Brierton, CEO of GrowBiz
- Cllr John Alexander, Chair of Scottish Cities Alliance and Leader of Dundee Council
- Mark Blyth, Director of the William R. Rhodes Centre for International Economics and Finance at Brown University
- Mariana Mazzucato, Professor in the Economics of Innovation and Public Value, University College London, and founder of the UCL Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose
- Emma Parton, Founder of Highland Soap company
After the strategy is published later this year a smaller group of members will be asked to oversee its implementation.
- Advisory Council for Economic Transformation minutes: October 2021
- Advisory Council for Economic Transformation minutes: September 2021
- Advisory Council for Economic Transformation minutes: August 2021
- Advisory Council for Economic Transformation minutes: July 2021
- Advisory Council for Economic Transformation: terms of reference
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback