Adult Support and Protection National Strategic Forum
The Adult Support and Protection (ASP) National Strategic Forum provides a strategic and cross-sectoral view of what is needed to improve the delivery of adult support and protection across Scotland.
It assists the Scottish Government and delivery partners in identifying work required to improve the assurance and operation of adult support and protection and its interface with existing and developing legislative and policy areas.
The Forum also provides oversight of and advice on the improvement plan, which is in development.
Formed in November 2018, the Forum is chaired by the Minister for Mental Health.
- Clare Haughey (chair), Minister for Mental Health
- Jamie MacDougall (co-chair), Scottish Government
- Vikki Milne, Scottish Government
- Jean Harper, Scottish Government
- Dale Meller, Office of the Chief Social Work Adviser
- Kiran Haksar, Scottish Government
- Mike Diamond, Mental Welfare Commission
- Fiona Brown, Office of the Public Guardian
- Elaine Galbraith, Police Scotland
- Fidelma Eggo, Care Inspectorate
- Maureen Berry, Health Improvement Scotland
- David Lynch, IJB Chief Officers Group
- Alex Taylor, Chief Social Work Officers Group
- Paul Comley, Stirling University
- John Paterson, SASPICA National Convenors Group
- Brenda Walker, SWS ASP Leads Network
- Mary Notman, SWS ASP Leads (attending 5 June meeting)
- Shaben Begum, Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance
- Karen Hedge, Scottish Care
- David Thomson, North Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership
- Cathie Cowan, NHS Chief Executives
- Jeff Ace, NHS Chief Executives
- Austen Smyth, Coalition of Care and Support Providers in Scotland
- Laura Caven, COSLA and SOLACE
- Grace Gilling, NHS ASP Leads Network