Adult Support and Protection National Strategic Forum
The Adult Support and Protection (ASP) National Strategic Forum provides a strategic and cross-sectoral view of what is needed to improve the delivery of adult support and protection across Scotland.
It assists the Scottish Government and delivery partners in identifying work required to improve the assurance and operation of adult support and protection and its interface with existing and developing legislative and policy areas.
The Forum also provides oversight of and advice on the improvement plan, which is in development.
Formed in November 2018, the Forum is chaired by the Minister for Mental Health.
- Clare Haughey MSP, Minister for Mental Health (Chair)
- Jamie MacDougall, Deputy Director, Care Support & Rights Division, Scottish Government (Deputy Chair)
- Elaine Galbraith, Detective Superintendent, Police Scotland
- John Paterson, Independent Convener and Scottish Adult Support & Protection Independent Conveners Association
- Mark Hodgkinson, Adult Protection & Review Officer, Angus Health & Social Care Partnership and Social Work Scotland ASP Leads Network
- Paul Comley, National Adult Protection Coordinator, University of Stirling
- Cathie Cowan, Chief Executive, NHS Forth Valley and NHS Chief Executives
- Austen Smyth, Chief Executive, Richmond Fellowship Scotland and Coalition of Care & Support Providers in Scotland
- Karen Hedge , National Director, Scottish Care
- David Thomson, Associate Nurse Director, North Ayrshire Health & Social Care Partnership and National Mental Health Leads Group
- Fidelma Eggo, Service Manager, Care Inspectorate
- Maureen Berry, Public Protection Lead, Healthcare Improvement Scotland
- David Lynch, Chief Officer Dundee City Health & Social Care Partnership and IJB Chief Officers Group
- Fiona Brown, Public Guardian and Accountant of Court, Office of the Public Guardian
- Laura Caven, Policy Manager, COSLA (also representing SOLACE)
- Shaben Begum, Director, Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance
- Mike Diamond, Executive Director (Social Work), Mental Welfare Commission Scotland
- Alex Taylor, Chief Social Work Officer, Argyle & Bute and Social Work Scotland
- Dale Meller, Professional Social Work Adviser, Office of the Chief Social Work Adviser, Scottish Government
- Jean Harper, Policy Lead, Care Support & Rights Division, Scottish Government
- Kiran Haksar, Policy Officer, Care Support & Rights Division, Scottish Government