This career framework provides details of the roles, skills, and career pathways included in the Cyber Security and Information Assurance job family.
This has been developed using the Government Security Profession and the Digital, Data and Technology Profession frameworks.
It includes the roles recognised in Scottish Government as belonging to the DDaT profession.
How to use the framework
You can use the Capability Framework to:
- learn about what different roles do in government
- understand what skills are needed by professionals in particular jobs
- identify skills that need development to help career progression
- assess skills in preparation for performance reviews
- create effective job adverts
- carry out human resources and workforce planning
The career framework enables you to align yourself to one of the cyber and information assurance roles. Each role lists the required expectations, skills and skill levels for the role and it is recommended that you assess yourself against these to identify areas of strength and for development.
The Cyber Security and Information Assurance job family is split into 2 practices with a number of grouped roles under each practice:
The cyber security practice consists of:
Information assurance & security
Information assurance & security practice consists of: