Don McGillivray has been Interim Director of Safer Communities since 2021.
Responsibilities for the Director of Propriety and Ethics include:
- establishing and bedding in a new propriety and ethics function
- management and oversight of our continuous improvement programme of improved culture and behaviours, including quarterly updates to Scottish Parliament
- oversight of a refreshed procedure for handling complaints about ministers or former ministers
- managing a programme of forward risk assessment across the organisation to address concerns about culture and behaviour before they develop
- promoting best practice in propriety and acting as advisor as required
Don joined the Scottish Government in 2001 after 10 years in the Ministry of Defence.
He held senior civil service roles in criminal justice, constitution, policing and environment before becoming Interim Director of Safer Communities in 2021. He also played a leading role in the development of Scotland’s Future, the white paper on Scottish independence and the 2014 referendum.
Don is married with two teenage children.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback