Director of Digital Health and Care
Stephen Gallagher has been Director of Digital Health and Care since August 2022.
The Director of the Digital Health and Care Directorate has overall responsibility for digital health and care strategy and the delivery of major digital systems that underpin the running of health and care services. Digital Health and Care have oversight of major programme delivery and cyber security for the NHS in Scotland.
Major boards include:
- Strategic Portfolio Board
- Enabling Technology Board
- Central Government Transformation Board
- all digital boards for the COVID-19 response
Stephen joined the Scottish Government in July 2012 after 20 years working for the NHS in Scotland and on secondment to the Scottish Government. His previous posts include:
- Director, Vaccination Strategy and Policy
- Director, Local Government and Communities
- Deputy Director, NHS Performance
- Deputy Director, local government
- Deputy Director, Public Service Reform
Stephen was born in Glasgow and attended school and university in Glasgow and Rome.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback