Appendix H - Advanced Recruitment Letter for Focus Groups
The Scottish Government has commissioned Ipsos MORI and Rettie & Co to conduct the 5-year review of the Home Report.
This important research will inform Ministers about the operation of the Home Report and provide advice on its future direction.
The review will examine how the Home Report has performed over the past five years and has five key objectives.
1. Explore the awareness, knowledge and understanding of the Home Report, and specifically the three documents that make up the Home Report, among buyers, sellers and industry professionals.
2. Examine how the Home Report works in practice and how it affects the house buying and selling process.
3. Examine whether the Home Report is meeting its original objectives and consider whether these objectives are still appropriate.
4. Assess whether the Home Report structure works across the housing cycle as a whole by investigating the benefits and costs it has in different market conditions.
5. Identify any wider impacts of the Home Report on the housing market.
As part of this research, we are conducting a series of focus groups with industry professionals and would like to invite you along to one of these meetings.
We are hosting a focus group of solicitors at 12.30pm on Thursday 25th September 2014. This will be held in the offices of Rettie & Co at 147 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 4SQ. If you are not able to attend, a suitable representative from your company can take your place. Numbers are limited to one per company.
The group will consist of six to ten individuals from a number of Glasgow solicitors.
Lunch will be provided and we anticipate the event lasting around one hour.
The Scottish Government will not be represented as we want to have as full and frank discussion as possible on the issues above and any other relevant matters.
Although evidence gathered will be used in reporting, responses will be treated in confidence and no comments will be attributed to any identifiable person in reporting.
If you are able to attend, please let me know by Friday 19th September on 0131 240 3261 or at Carolyn.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email: Ruth Whatling