1. Stewardship and Responsibility: A Policy Framework for Private Sector Housing in Scotland, Housing Improvement Task Force, 2003.
2. There are exemptions, including new build and new conversions.
3. Most Home Reports also include a Generic Mortgage Valuation Report (GMVR) though this is not required by law
4. We captured views of the valuation separately due to its importance, and in section 4 we consider attitudes to the valuation in detail. The valuation includes a home/rebuild valuation as well as additional information on the suitability of the property for mortgage purposes.
5. It is a European Union requirement under the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) to promote improvement in the energy performance of new and existing buildings
6. Tribal, 2010 Interim Review of the Home Report. Scottish Government, Edinburgh
7. Two different estate agent premises were used in Glasgow.
8. Industry professionals are those who work on the front line of the housing market, comprising estate agents, surveyors and solicitors. National stakeholders are those representing national organisations who had a Scotland-wide perspective of the Home Report. See Appendix F for the list of participating national stakeholders.
9. The survey asked about 'the valuation' so could relate to the single survey valuation and/or the GMVR
10. Housing (Scotland) Act 2006 (Consequential Provisions) Order 2008. Available at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/1889/contents/made
11. The survey asked about additional surveys, valuations or a survey refresh. In the interests of brevity, the term additional survey will be used to refer to all of the above, even if not strictly a survey, unless stated otherwise.
Email: Ruth Whatling