Server Maintenance Framework
The Server Maintenance framework agreement is open to all Scottish public bodies.
The framework agreement will offer a direct route to market via a single supplier call off ordering procedure.
What is in scope?
The scope of the framework agreement is for the provision of Server Maintenance services including but not limited to:
- All Server types including Blade; Rack; and Tower options. Server Maintenance will include all internal server components, for example Processor, Memory, hard-drives and any internal cards;
- Local Area Network (LAN) Switches: Maintenance services appropriate to Switch hardware only. (Associated cables and adaptors are not to be included);
- Tape Drives and Tape Libraries: Maintenance services for peripheral devices attached directly to server or LAN;
- Keyboard Video Monitor Switch (KVM): Hardware Maintenance only;
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) Devices: Hardware Maintenance only. (Configuration, disk partitioning and backup facilities are not to be included);
- Storage Area Network (SAN): Maintenance services for hardware only including individual disk or shelve replacement. (Configuration, disk partitioning and backup facilities are not to be included).
Optional maintenance services requirements:-
- Operating System: (including Windows, Unix, Linux and Solaris) - Maintenance service relates to the operational readiness and security of the system which includes Operating System re-installation and application of Security Patches and Service Releases;
- Firmware: Maintenance services relating to installation of firmware for server components, LAN Switches and applicable peripheral devices. (SAN Firmware is not to be included);
- Equipment Moves: This will include internal moves within current location and/or external moves to another location.
What is out of scope?
For the avoidance of doubt, the following service is not in scope and cannot be offered under this framework agreement:
There is another ICT framework that is more suitable for desktop maintenance, 'Digital and Technology Services', and we would encourage that this be considered as it may be more appropriate to your requirement.
Who is this available to?
- Central government
- Local authorities
- Universities and colleges
- Third sector
- Other public bodies
Full OJEU details can be found here.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. If there is any doubt, legal advise should be sought.
- The framework is in line the Digital Public Services Strategy and supports the Scottish Government Data Hosting and Data Centre Strategy for the Scottish Public Sector.
- Technically competent and achievable solutions for Scottish public sector organisations.
- The framework provides best value across Scotland with savings achievable through collaborative use of the framework.
- The framework addresses the Scottish Government’s aspirations with regards to social, environmental and sustainability issues.
- This award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under EU public procurement regulations, and provides an easy route to market for contracting organisations.
24 June 2015
23 June 2018 (with the option to extend for a further 12 month period)
MCSA Group Limited (previously Maindec)
Contact and feedback To:
Senior Portfolio Specialist, ICT Services and Software
Tel: 0141 242 5920
ICT Services and Software
Tel: 0141 242 5920
A buyer’s guide is available.
Further information including specifications and pricing is available via a number of sources:
- Our secure stakeholder site - SharePoint
- Your procurement centre of expertise information pages
If you are not registered to access our SharePoint site please email email@example.com.
Page updated: Wednesday, April 05, 2017