Network Enablement Services Framework
A national collaborative framework agreement that will provide eligible public bodies with full visibility of the configuration of their networks.
What is in scope?
The scope of the framework agreement is for the provision of network enablement services described in brief as: network audits; designs and solutions including but not limited to:
- network audit and analysis of network services
- suggested designs and network solutions
- network upgrades, for example, local area network (LAN)
- migration of existing network services
- implementation of new network services
- project management
- support in procurement of network services
Value add services
- network health checks
- network support for staff moves
- network monitoring
- network integration
- network security services
- benchmarking of network services
Some examples of potential uses for this framework include, but are not limited to, audits for asset management, energy consumption or security on existing telecoms/network infrastructure, services and systems; telecommunications/networks strategy development and Project Management in areas such as unified communications, digital services, broadband, server and storage upgrades etc.
What is out of scope?
For the avoidance of doubt, the following products/ services are not in scope and cannot be offered under this Framework Agreement:
- Fixed line telephony (only whereby the procurement is for the actual provision of telephony services with recurring charges)
- Mobile telephony (only whereby the procurement is for the actual provision of mobile services with recurring charges)
- Unified communications (only whereby the procurement is for the actual provision of UC services with recurring charges)
- hardware and peripherals (unless it is marginal to the overall call off value)
- general ICT consultancy (unless it is marginal to the overall call-off value)
Who is this available to?
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector
- other public bodies
Full details can be found on Public Contracts Scotland
Note: It is the responsibility of a public body wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. To check if you are can use this framework, see the terms of the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) advert and guidance which can be found in annex A of Scottish Government Guidance on Framework Agreements. If there is any doubt whether your organisation can use this, or any framework, you should seek legal advice.
- Maximised efficiency and collaboration through alignment with the strategic priorities in Scotland’s Digital Future: Delivery of Public Services, embedding sustainable procurement and improving access to public sector contracts.
- Enables delivery of a plan that allows the transformation from basic calls and lines, to unified communications.
- The potential for economic growth and local employment opportunities
- Good mix of large and small suppliers to cover the full range of Scottish public sector requirements and access to vendor neutral specialist engineering resources.
- Good value for money achieved on contract rates but more importantly, there are potentially significant benefits to be made for contracting organisation to develop their networks in terms of efficiency.
- This award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under EU public procurement regulations, and provides an easy route to market for contracting organisations
31 October 2014
30 October 2017 (with the option to extend for one further year)
Contact and feedback to:
Anamaria Rehbein (Senior Portfolio Specialist)
0131 244 5749
Contract or Framework Agreement guidance
A Buyers’ Guide is available.
Further information including specifications and pricing is available for each of the suppliers via our secure stakeholder site. To obtain access, please contact Scottish Procurement.
The contractor catalogue is also available for this framework via our secure stakeholder site.
If you require any information on the agreement or to register your interest in using the agreement, please contact Anamaria Rehbein.
Page updated: Wednesday, March 22, 2017