Terms of reference for a working group on electronic reporting and recording experts for 2022
The Delegations agreed that the Working Group on Electronic Reporting should meet before 31 May 2022 under the Terms of Reference described below. After that the Working Group should meet as appropriate.
The Working Group will:
- Revise the arrangements on ERS set down in the Technical Annex, with a view to:
- Establishing technical procedures and specifications taking into account the use of the UN/FLUX standards, based on the arrangements of the new NEAFC ERS.
- Identifying additional reporting needs, outstanding issues and elements that can improve performance of the current system for electronic exchange of catch and activity data (ERS) between the United Kingdom and Norway to be implemented in the new ERS system based on UN/FLUX standards, including automatic forwarding of return messages from the coastal State to the vessel, to secure satisfactory exchange and increased quality of catch and activity data.
- Establishing technical procedures and specifications to implement the possibility to pull data covering fishing activities before entering and after exiting the economic zone of the other Party, to be implemented in the new ERS system based on UN/FLUX standards.
- Review the arrangements on VMS set down in the Technical Annex.
- The Working Group should submit its report to the Parties well in advance of the annual consultations for 2022.