Rent cap: private landlord guidance

Guidance for private landlords on the rent cap as it relates to cost of living emergency legislation.

Useful links

The Scottish Government’s Cost of living crisis - Cost of Living Support Scotland website provides information on the wide range of advice and financial support available to people in Scotland.

Housing Benefit or Universal Creditmay help with a tenant’s housing costs. Those who still can't afford their housing cost may also be eligible for a Discretionary Housing Payment.

Housing advice and support, including support on rent arrears, can be obtained from Shelter Scotland and your local Citizens Advice Bureaux (CAB). CAB can also help with council tax, other bills and benefits advice.  

Under One Roof has impartial advice on repairs and maintenance for flat owners (including landlords) in Scotland.

Back to top