Job Title: Fish Biologist
Telephone: 0131 244 3084
Address: Marine Scotland, Marine Laboratory, 375 Victoria Roead, Aberdeen, AB11 9DB
My main research interests are in the study of population connectivity and the effects on environmental variations on fish populations. In particular, I am using a range of natural and artificial tags (otoliths, Mark-recapture, life-history trait variations) to assess fish movements and inform management decisions (MPA, stock identification). I am also interested in identifying the drivers of fish recruitment with a focus on early life-history of fish and the impact of environmental variation (e.g. Climate Change) on how larval fish meet their energetic requirements (e.g. Trophic match/mismatch).
I collaborate with scientists across the UK and Europe, including within ICES working groups. My current collaborations are with the University of Durham and the Danish Technical University.
Five Most Recent Publications
- Régnier, T., Gibb, F.M., Wright, P. J. 2019. Understanding temperature effects on recruitment in the context of trophic mismatch. Scientific Reports. 9:15179. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-51296-5
- Wright, P.J., Christensen, A., Régnier, T., Rindorf, A., van Deurs, M. 2019. Integrating the scale of population processes into fisheries management, as illustrated in the sandeel, Ammodytes marinus, ICES Journal of Marine Science , https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/fsz013
- Wright, P.J., Régnier, T., Gibb, F.M., Augley, J., Devalla, S. 2018. Assessing the role of ontogenetic movement in maintaining population structure in fish using otolith microchemistry. Ecol Evol. 8:7907–7920. https://doi.org/10.1002/ece3.4186
- Régnier, T., Gibb, F.M., Wright, P.J. 2018. Temperature effects on egg development and larval condition in the lesser sandeel, Ammodytes marinus. Journal of Sea Research.134:34-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seares.2018.01.003.
- Gaither, M.R., Gkafas, G.A., de Jong, M., Sarigol, F., Neat, F., Régnier, T., Moore, D., Grӧcke, D.R., Hall, N., Liu, X., Kenny, J., Lucaci, A., Hughes, M., Haldenby, S., Hoelzel A.R. 2018. Genomics of habitat choice and adaptive evolution in a deep-sea fish. Nature Ecology & Evolution. DOI: 10.1038/s41559-018-0482-x
0300 244 4000