Annex 6 Guidance on Clubs
Q How are clubs to be treated?
- Brought within licensing system but special requirements to be recognised through licence conditions which have been discussed with clubs
- Personal licence holder will be required but very small club will be exempted
- Licence conditions provided to subordinate legislation committee and include:
- Non-profit making
- Written constitution and rules
- Management committee or governing body elected by members
- No person under 18 to be admitted unless to sporting club or students union
- No member to have personal interest in alcohol sales
- No visitors except as recorded in guest book and in company of a member
- Minimum of 25 members
Q Who will be licence holders?
- Premises - club itself or the committee
- Personal - premises manager or member of club committee or club - doesn't matter.
- As per normal arrangements under Act
Q Who has access to club?
- Similar rules as at present
- Events for public must be covered in operating plan
Q Clubs Included in overprovision assessment?
- No, all private members clubs that come under the provisions of the Act will be exempt
Q What about guests, will they be able to buy alcohol?
Email: Central Enquiries Unit firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback