This call for funding closed on 23 August 2021.
In March 2021, we published the Heart Disease Action Plan.
We are now inviting funding proposals linked to implementing the Heart Disease Action Plan.
NHS Boards, Health and Social Care Partnerships and the independent sector including third sector organisations/charities can apply for funding of up to £100k for high quality, collaborative/innovative proposals that can be delivered within the timeframes (October 2021 – December 2022).
What you can apply for
We request that organisations submit only one application for an individual project to be delivered within the timeframe.
We are looking for the following –
2021 to 2022
Projects that can start in October 2021 and conclude by December 2022.
The heart disease action plan sets out a clear aim to ensure that everyone with suspected heart disease in Scotland has equitable access to timely and evidence-based diagnosis, treatment and care. This presents opportunities to re-design clinically safe, person-centred pathways, and to explore innovative and collaborative models of delivery.
All applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- clear demonstration of benefits and outcomes that meet the aims and commitments of the heart disease action plan, in particular priority 2: ensuring timely and equitable access to diagnosis, treatment and care
- evidence to show links to COVID-19 service remobilisation, recovery and redesign that also align with the heart disease action plan vision and actions.
- collaborative and innovative proposals across organisations including cross sector and/or conditions that have potential for scalability
- clear measures to evaluate the project using quality improvement methodology
- capacity and capability to deliver the project by either the end of September 2022 or longer term projects that conclude December 2022
If you would like to speak to the policy team about your proposal ahead of applying please contact Clinical_Priorities@gov.scot and we will arrange a convenient time with you.
How to apply
The application process is as follows.
- Applicants should complete the attached application form, providing concise and evidenced information about the proposal. Email it to: Clinical_Priorities@gov.scot by 23 August 2021.
- Applicants will receive an automatic email acknowledging receipt of their application. Applications will be assessed by the Scottish Government and informed by the National Heart Disease Task Force Executive. We aim to assess all applications for 2021 to 2022 funding within 10 working days following the application deadline, and issue a decision as soon as possible.
- Applicants will be advised of the decision by email. If you are successful, independent or third sector organisations will also be asked to provide supporting documents – such as your most recent annual accounts and cash flow forecast (including assumptions).
- 2021 to 2022 successful projects will be required to submit quarterly light touch progress reports across the funding period with regular support and evaluation meetings held.
Heart disease action plan 2021: application form
- File type
- Word document
- File size
- 30.9 kB
If you have any queries or would if you would like to speak to the policy team about your proposal ahead of applying please email: Clinical_Priorities@gov.scot
- First published
- 20 July 2021
- Last updated
- 23 November 2021
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback