Local restrictions support from 5 June 2021
The 5 June Local Restrictions Grant provides grants to specific businesses that are impacted by the Scottish Government’s decision to retain Protection Level 2 restrictions in response to rates of COVID-19 in the following local authority areas:
- East Ayrshire
- North Ayrshire
- South Ayrshire
- East Dunbartonshire
- East Renfrewshire
- North Lanarkshire
- South Lanarkshire
This fund will provide grants of up to £750 per week, depending on Rateable Value and the duration of these restrictions - subject to review this is currently expected to be for three weeks - to specific businesses that previously received financial support through the Strategic Framework Business Fund.
Businesses in the wedding and events sectors not previously eligible for Strategic Framework Business Fund but impacted should note further guidance will be made available shortly.
The 5 June Local Restrictions Grant provides further financial support of up to £750 to the soft play sector that remains closed in Protection Level 2 but which will be permitted to open elsewhere in Scotland from 5 June 2021 in accordance with our Routemap.
Retail, accommodation providers that are not impacted by hospitality regulations, and sectors closed by law elsewhere in Scotland at Level 0 or 1 are not eligible for this additional support.
What you can get
If you operate a business that the Regulations require to remain closed at Protection Level 2 but would be permitted to open in other parts of Scotland from 5 June 2021 you will receive:
- a grant of £750 each week for properties with Rateable Value of £51,001 or over
- a grant of £500 each week for properties with Rateable Value up to £51,000
If you operate a business that the Regulations require to modify its operations as a result of being in Protection Level 2 you will receive:
- a grant of £525 each week for properties with Rateable Value of £51,001 or over
- a grant of £350 each week for properties with Rateable Value up to £51,000
Retail and sectors closed by law elsewhere in Scotland at Level 0 or 1 are not eligible for this additional support.
How grants will be paid
Where possible grants will be processed by relevant local authorities by Friday 11 June (and weekly thereafter, as appropriate) to businesses that meet the eligibility criteria and which have previously received support through the Strategic Framework Business Fund. Businesses do not need to apply for this grant funding.
To be eligible for financial support through this fund you must operate a business in relevant local authority areas that is impacted by our decision to retain Protection Level 2 Restrictions in the area. Specifically your business must be:
- required to remain closed at Protection Level 2 but would have otherwise have been permitted to open on 5 June had your Council moved to Protection Level 1. Soft play centres are therefore eligible. Nightclubs are not eligible for support through this fund.
- a hospitality business required to continue to modify its operations in accordance with the Regulations in place at Protection Level 2. Hospitality premises include restaurants, including restaurants and dining rooms in hotels or members’ clubs; cafes; bars, including bars in hotels or members’ clubs; and public houses. They do not include accommodation premises where these features are not present.
Only businesses that have previously received financial support through the Strategic Framework Business Fund are eligible for a grant through this scheme.
How to apply
The 5 June Local Restrictions Grants will be paid automatically to eligible businesses, there is no application process for this fund