People can reduce the risk of acquiring and spreading respiratory infections by practising good hygiene, such as:
- avoiding direct hand contact with your eyes, nose and mouth
- maintaining good hand hygiene
- washing hands with soap and water or alcohol hand sanitiser, after coughing or sneezing, after going to the toilet, and prior to eating and drinking
- avoiding direct contact with people that have a respiratory illness and not using their personal items such as their mobile phone
- covering their nose and mouth with disposable tissues when coughing or sneezing and disposing of them in the nearest waste bin after use
We have set up a helpline for Scottish businesses and event organisers to provide them with tailored advice on Coronavirus. The helpline, 0300 303 0660, operates from 08.30 till 17.30 Monday to Friday, and online at https://findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/.
Revisions to this advice
This advice remains in force until amended. It will be maintained and revised in light of events.
We will continue to work closely with the UK Government, other devolved administrations, expert advisers and our resilience partners on this, and all other aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic.