The 1 million acre short life working group will produce the following outputs:
- A summary of the benefits of community ownership and a vision and agreed set of principles to guide the 1 million acre strategy
- A definition of community ownership to be measured for the 1m acre target
- A methodology for measuring progress towards the target
- A strategy outlining how to achieve the target by 2020
- An action plan outlining how to implement the target strategy to shape the functions of a new dedicated community land ownership resource
The short life working group commenced on 23 March 2015. The group produced its final report in December 2015.