- 12 Dec 2018
Contract status: in progress
Dates of contract: 1 August 2019 to 1 August 2021 (with two optional 12 month extensions)
Category: ICT services and software - national
The Cloud Services framework commenced on 1 August 2019 for an initial two year period with options to extend for a further two periods of one year and is available to all Scottish public bodies.
The framework is multi-supplier. Organisations can use the framework to run mini competitions or a direct award.
What is in scope
Cloud services including:
- public cloud
- private cloud
- hybrid cloud
- community cloud
- cloud transition services
What is out of scope
- ICT products
direct purchase of software
purchase and maintenance of equipment
software as a service (SaaS)
fully managed IT services
creating and updating content
procurement of hardware
Who can use this
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector (voluntary organisations and charities registered in Scotland)
- other public bodies
Full details can be found on the OJEU notice.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use cloud services when it is available to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
Contract award documents
Please see the following contract award notice for full details:
- framework for the provision of cloud services - ocds-r6ebe6-0000594028)
See attached framework documents for further information.
Benefits from this framework include:
- objectives include maximising efficiency and collaboration through aligning with the strategic priorities in Scotland’s Digital Future: Delivery of Public Services, delivery and demonstration of real cash savings, embedding sustainable procurement and improving access to public sector contracts
- all the cloud services will be delivered within the European economic area which meets the guidelines of the Data Protection Act 2018
- in addition the framework has the ability to meet cloud hosting requirements that are classified as secret and/or top secret
- small to medium enterprises - 50% of suppliers on the framework are classed as SMEs
- environmentally friendly. All suppliers have ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and deliver cloud services with a power usage effectiveness rating below 1.6
- cyber security is built in. All suppliers have third party cyber security accreditation
- all suppliers support our Fair Work initiatives, including paying above the Real Living Wage
- value for money savings
- CAE Technology Services
- Insight Direct UK
- Nigsun Limited
- NVT Group
- Proact IT UK
- Six Degrees
- Storm ID
- UK Cloud
A suppliers guide will be available in due course.
Please see below for buyer's guide.
Information about pricing and terms and conditions for frameworks and contracts can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
If you are not registered to access this and are eligible to use the framework please complete the registration form and send it to one of the Scottish Procurement contacts listed below.