It is important that the 2007-2013 Programmes are evaluated to ensure that the experience of delivering Structural Funds in Scotland provides a robust evidence base for the 2014-2020 Programmes.
The evaluation work covered the four 2007-2013 Structural Fund Programmes:
- Lowlands and Uplands of Scotland (LUPS) European Social Fund (ESF);
- LUPS European Regional Development Fund (ERDF);
- Highlands and Islands (H&I) ESF; and
- H&I ERDF.
The work has involved the following elements:
- Technical Assistance - used to fund six evaluation projects;
- Monitoring and Evaluation Group - a mixture of formal evaluations and learning lessons by exchange of evaluation and experience; and
- Internal Evaluation - ensuring the MA review the performance of the 2007-2013 Programmes.
The findings from this work will be set out in an Evidence Base paper for the 2014-2020 Programmes. This paper will also provide a number of recommendations.