- 9 Mar 2016
Who can access: all public sector
Contract status: live
Dates of contract: 9 March 2016 to 8 March 2020 (framework refresh in progress)
Category: ICT products - national
Single supplier framework (SP-15-011-5) for the provision of workstation client devices.
What is in scope
- fixed workstation
- mobile workstation
- upgrades, accessories and all services associated with the deployment of workstation client devices
What is out of scope
- mobile client devices
- thin client devices
- web based and proprietary devices
- desktop client devices
- tablet client devices
- storage area networks
- IT peripherals (which are not included at the point of order)
Who can use this
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector (voluntary organisations and charities registered in Scotland)
- other public bodies
The framework was awarded following a comprehensive tender exercise, in accordance with EU public procurement regulations.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so.
Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in annex A of Scottish Government guidance on framework agreements.
If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
Benefits for public bodies using this national framework include:
- this award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under EU public procurement regulations, and provides an easy route to market for contracting organisations
- framework has been standardised on a core fixed and mobile workstation, which can be tailored to meet individual requirements, offering Scottish public sector organisations choice, at market leading prices. In addition, there is a range of competitively priced upgrades and accessories which complement the core devices
- framework delivers significant cash savings and environmental benefits, including a reduction in carbon emissions through the inclusion of latest environmental and energy efficiency certification
- framework satisfies demand for new and emerging requirements through a process of continuous improvement, throughout the life of the agreements
- framework provides one central point for ordering and contract management covering warranty, insurance and general supply enquiries
- framework addresses the Scottish Government’s and Scottish public sector organisations’ aspirations with regards to ethical, social, economic, environmental and sustainability issues
It is anticipated that the majority of requirements for workstation client devices will be met through the national framework.
Junction 24 Business Park
Information about pricing and terms and conditions for frameworks and contracts can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
A buyer's guide is also available from the XMA portal. Organisations should contact XMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or to register for the portal.