1. A Delegation from the United Kingdom (UK) headed by Mr Colin FAULKNER and a Norwegian Delegation headed by Ms Ann Kristin WESTBERG met in Bergen 2 and 3 November 2021 and virtually over the course of December 2021 to consult on mutual fisheries relations for 2022. These consultations marked the start of a new bilateral fisheries arrangement between Norway and the United Kingdom.
2. The Delegations recalled the Fisheries Framework Agreement between the Parties, signed 30 September 2020. They recalled the principles which underpin their close cooperation as set out in Article 1 of that agreement. They further recalled their close cooperation in 2021 in international fisheries forums, including Regional Fisheries Management Organisations, and looked forward to deepening their dialogue further in 2022.
3. The Delegations referred to the Agreed Record of Fisheries Consultations between United Kingdom, Norway and the European Union signed 10 December 2021 and the ongoing discussions regarding certain arrangements to secure seamless processes in relation to data exchange and reporting, licensing reporting and other practical regulation issues.
4. The Heads of Delegation agreed to recommend to their respective authorities the fishery arrangements for 2022 as outlined in this Agreed Record, including Annex I and Tables 1 to 3.
5. The Delegations agreed to meet in May or June 2022 at the latest to establish an annual intersessional process, to ensure the successful implementation of this Agreed Record and to deepen the strategic relationship between the Parties.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback