1. A Delegation from the United Kingdom (UK) headed by Colin FAULKNER and a Norwegian Delegation, headed by Ms. Ann Kristin WESTBERG met in Oslo from 31 October to 1 November 2022 and subsequently in Brussels on 23 and 24 November 2022 to consult on mutual fisheries relations for 2023.
2. The Delegations recalled the Fisheries Framework Agreement between the Parties, signed on 30 September 2020. They recalled the principles which underpin their close cooperation as set out in Article 1 of that agreement. They also recalled the Parties’ understanding of December 2021 about enhancing cooperation on fisheries in ICES areas I and II. They further recalled their close cooperation in 2022 in international fisheries forums, including Regional Fisheries Management Organisations, the Food & Agriculture Organisation and beyond. They looked forward to deepening their dialogue further in 2023.
3. The Delegations noted that the Fisheries Consultations between the United Kingdom, Norway and the European Union were still on-going.
4. The Delegations noted that the Agreed Record of Fisheries Consultations between the UK and Norway signed in December 2021 marked the start of a new bilateral fisheries arrangement between Norway and the UK. Both Delegations agreed on the successful implementation of the agreement during 2022.
5. The Delegations agreed to meet in May or June 2023 for the annual intersessional process, to ensure the successful implementation of this Agreed Record and to deepen the strategic relationship between the Parties.
6. The Heads of Delegation agreed to recommend to their respective authorities the fishery arrangements for 2023 as outlined in this Agreed Record, including Tables 1 to 5 and Annexes I and II.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback