Why we need a strategy
We have heard that disabled young people’s experiences of the transition can include:
- stress and uncertainty
- difficulties moving from child to adult services
- Changes in eligibility for services and support
- A sharp drop in support
- Not enough planning or clear information about transitions
- lack of communication between services
- young people not being listened to
- stress for the family members.
We want to make the transitions journey better for every disabled young person.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback